woensdag 19 november 2014

Nailing it.

Nails nails and nails. It's all we see these days. They come in different shapes, colours and textures. I'm not really the type to do my nails, but when I do I put some effort in it but it cannot take hours for me. I tried gelish and gel nails but I just can't stand the feeling of them, it's not me unfortunately.

Mostly I decide to go and do my nails on the most inappropriate times , when I have 5 minutes before leaving to work, suddenly before going to bed or simply before cleaning. And I always , I say ALWAYS mess it up. They don't dry, I make stains with them on my fingers and I make stains on my clothes. It leaves me with nothing but messy nails and no other choice but to take it off. 

Yesterday when I came home from work earlier for once and I had nothing to do. I putted on my onesie, be comfortable and oh yes there's the box. It's a box somewhere standing in a dusty dressing underneath shoes and yes, dust. I was like ok, inspiration? What to do? 

I decided to go wild and add some glitter to the scene. So I took my make up kit and searched for the perfect glitter to go with my idea. I grabbed the black/forest green loose glitter and a golden one. For the nailpolish indeed red, dark red the usual.

Festive dark red nails with splashing glitter.


These are the 3 most important ones, a nail base protecting your nails to the maximum. A deep dark red colour and a quick drying glossy top coat. 

-base coat and nailprotector by C'est tout moi! 1.99€
-dark red by Tom Ford beauty 42.90€
-quick drying top coat by Hema 2.50€


 
The glitters I've used are actually make up pigments and glitter. They are really concentrated in pigment and therefor they're perfect. I start up with the dark one and put it on top of the second coat of the dark red polish. 

You take your top coat and emediatly put it on top of the glitter , this makes it a bit more ombré. 

Quickly you take some golden glitter and let it snow over your nails. Top of with the top coat for a glossy and quick drying effect!

-forest green pigment by stargazer 2.90€
-gold pigment Christmas edition 2013 was packed in sets of 4, 33.50€ per set.



My result, quick drying, I have to say by far the best quick dry top coat ever!! You don't pay much for it and surely does it's job! The pigments keep on being shiny even the day after, mostly by putting the first glitter on with an old eye shadow brush. I love these rather festive nails! I'd surely consider doing it again for the holidays!

Hugs and kisses. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten