woensdag 4 maart 2015

CHANGES.

Changes.

It's something in life we all go through and they are mostly based on weird or impulsive decisions. Change doesn't always need to be bad, i figured.

 I changed a lot, all my life. Changed schools, friends, hobbies even work. Some of them were indeed for the better. I changed careers because life didn't allow me to live with a minimum monthly paycheck and so life didn't want me to do what i really loved doing.
Too bad, i guess.

So 2 and a half years ago i moved across the country. A 2 hour drive to my parents and 35 miles away from friends. That wasn't easy, i assure you.
I had a hard time adapting to a new way of living, no social contact whatsoever.
Our house was a former bank, build and constructed with the strongest security stuff. Trying to keep me safe and sound. But i could never love it, i thought i could. But i just couldn't.

So little time has passed living on the french side of our tiny chocolate/fries country and i had to come clean. I couldn't bare it. It was like being held in captivity, no freedom. I felt like a bird in a cage. The decision felt hard. I can't miss out on fun times with friends and family, i miss my parents and i seriously regret missing out all the moments they have together. Family parties, Christmas, new years,... Even just grabbing a coffee with a friend and chatting about complete nonsense! I miss stepping out of the house, taking a tram or a bike and just wander off somewhere in the city.

So since this early 2015 we decided to move out.
We decided that emotional life is worth more than a mortgage on a home that doesn't feel like a home.
We putted our hands together and we started working on our own little project, a project named selling a house. So the last few weeks i'm covered in white paint. And i love it, i just do. It means that something better is yet to come. The more i think about it, the more i live to the moment of moving out.

So this comes out as a biggie for all of the people i know, even for us.
I know i'll get a lot of dirty looks for this and comments on how "dumb" our decision is. But it is ours to make. And so we made it, together. To start a new life in Ghent, together. With the love of my life.


GHENT "2015".
Hopefully, 2015.

Xoxo




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten