vrijdag 20 februari 2015

BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS.

Spring is in the air,

you get that feeling that life gets a little better, days get a little longer and people are a little happier.
You see people running in the streets and parks. And even on a sunny day, you can start to spot people on terraces with some sunnies on and with a glass of wine in front of their noses.

February is the moment where a lot of people start to plan their trips for the summer, their vacations even if it's a trip to the sun or a citytrip to a city you desire.
We were looking for a trip this summer and we were hesitating between a citytrip or a real summer vacation. So at first we took the decision on going to Kràkau, Poland. Which is obviously a weird decision, i get that. But it is close to Auschwitz and i really wanted to visit that as it is a part of my European history.
But one day we turned that whole idea around and went for the idea of sea, history, white beaches and salsa.

CUBA.

So i started to panic, beach, sea and bikinis? I'm like, what me?!
So i decided to start working out and eat healthy to kick ass in a great bikini while i'm sunbathing and salsa dancing with my boyfriend or Cubans.

We're 2 months later and after daily work outs at home (my paycheck doesn't allow me to buy a devilishly expensive gym membership.). And i eat clean, i have to say that in the beginning all of those things were so hard. I gave up like 2 times. I found it hard because i saw no results what so ever and after a week of working all day i didn't have the courage to go through with it. And then my image changed about the whole "getting fit for a vacation" image. I cannot work for a goal like that! I know that i will work hard towards it but after that, what then? I have no goal to achieve and no mindset. I'll fall hard and create crappy habits again. Do i want that?

No, i don't. 

So what i'm working for is myself, my future and my image. I don't want no size 2 or 4 nor do i need that.
I needed to change the way i lived and the lazy habits i had.
So i reinforced myself to go for it, and i do it. Every single day i eat clean now, to become what i want to be for myself and for the people to say how good i look.

So this is what my day looks like, every day for the rest of my life.

I wake up everyday at 5:20 AM, i make myself ready and go off to work.
My working day takes 10h a day, from 7AM till 5PM.

I come home at 5:45PM and i let the dogs out.
I jump in my sports gear and i start rope skipping, hula-hooping(which weighs about 3.5 pounds) for a half an hour.
I do sit ups, core working, every single type of work out you can do on a yoga mat + squating my ass off, also for a half an hour.
it takes all together 1h to do all of it and it makes you feel so much better. You feel fit and happy but most of all satisfied that you didn't listen to the inner you in the car who was saying that you were to tired to work out today.

I make a fresh salad, chicken, fish or any types of food with low calories and carbs. That's the food that keeps you going all day, it works well for a healthy skin and it's just good, in every way. The taste, the effects and the healthy feeling you get from it.

And if i don't have time to work out in the evening i work out in the morning, because one day of not doing that is one day wasted to where you want yourself to be. I also start to see some changes, my hips are getting toned and my arms are getting stronger. Also i have lost 8,5 pounds since i really made the commitment and that makes me happy, it really does.

So it's time to stop making excuses for yourself, you're not hungry in between different meals, you're stomach is just bored. And remember that, you are more important for yourself than anyone is.

xoxo









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten